Hydrological surveys comprise a whole range of hydrological field activities performed using modern equipment and instruments:
- Hydrographic survey;
- Measurements of the stream velocity and direction;
- Studies of the snow cover properties;
- Studies of the ice regime;
- Studies of the thermal regime;
- Studies of the hydrochemical regime;
- Observation of the water clarity and colour;
- Observation of the wave conditions;
- Assessment of the silting regime, river bed deformation, marginal erosion etc.
Meteorological survey involves measuring of meteorological parameters using automatic weather stations and observation of the following parameters:
- Atmospheric pressure;
- Air temperature and humidity;
- Air velocity and direction;
- Atmospheric precipitation.